How to build ARM assembly (inline and *.s files) with GCC for Symbian?

Ian iajava@yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 18:24:00 GMT 2005

Peace, developers!

We are trying to compile ARM assembly written for ADS 1.2 with
Symbian's Series 60 2nd edition SDK pack 2 version 1 tool-chain,
which uses GCC (2.70 or 2.95) (built by Cygnus, for win32).
GCC doesn't like our assembly sources (.s files), nor any inline
assembly.

We were told Symbian's tool-chain would automatically "filter"
the ADS-oriented assembly, the .s files, so that GCC (GAS,
actually) would eat them.

But, nothing seems to work. Not even Google helps much.
We are in the dark. Help!

We are looking for a path of least effort, for the time being, to
build both .s files and inline assembly (.c) inside Symbian's
tool-chain (GCC).
(Later, we'd want to think about improving code performance by
using better compilers, etc.)

Thanks!

--
Ian