iostream not visible in g++
Martin York
martin.york@veritas.com
Fri Jan 7 14:19:00 GMT 2005
Without the code its hard to say, but I bet its because all those
objects are in the standard namespace.
Try using std::cout std::endl etc.
Or adding a 'using' declaration in your source file.
NB Never put a 'using' declaration in a header file.
Martin
-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of deepak prabhas soi
Sent: 07 January 2005 06:18
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: iostream not visible in g++
Hi,
I am running the gcc 3.4.2 . The .c files are compiling properly but
when using g++ for compilation of c++ files,I can't compile even a
single line file.
Infact it gives problem in the inclusion of iostream.h file. what can be
error. How can i make these standard libraries visible to program.I am
getting the error as
iostream: No such file or directory
/hm/tmp.cpp: In function `int main()':
/hm/tmp.cpp:17: error: `cout' undeclared (first use this function)
/hm/tmp.cpp:17: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
/hm/tmp.cpp:17: error: `endl' undeclared (first use this function)
Can anybody please help me, how can i make these standard libraries to
be visible. I need it urgently.
regards
Prabhas
=====
If facts don't fit theory, change the facts
-Albert Einstein
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list