iostream not visible in g++

Christian Convey conveycj@npt.nuwc.navy.mil
Fri Jan 7 13:50:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

IIRC, some release of GCC moved objects like "cout" from the global namespace to
the std:: namespace.

So for code that use to look like this:
    #include <iostream>
    void foo() { cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;}

I now have the code look like this (by adding the 2nd line):
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;
    void foo() { cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;}

Alternatively, if I didn't want to use the statement "using namespace std;", I
could instead write code as follows (by adding the "std::" prefix where necessary):
    #include <iostream>
    void foo() { std::cout << "Hello, World!" << std::endl;}

Hope this helps,
Christian

--
Christian Convey