GCSE
jfj
jfj@freemail.gr
Wed Feb 23 00:09:00 GMT 2005
jfj wrote:
>
> I thought so too, but breaking the file is rather difficult as I try
> to take
> advantage of extreme inlining and so everything expands into one huge
> c file.
I'd like to see if this is possible:
Put the function with computed gotos in its own section 'XX'
compile the file once with -fgcse. Output a1.o
compile the file second time with -fno-gcse. Output a2.o
Use a *linker script?* to remove the section XX from a1.o
and take it from a2.o and replace it in there.
If anybody knows any hints to accoplish that, please send e-mail.
Thanks,
gerald
> Nathan Sidwell wrote:
>
>> jfj wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I have a program that uses computed gotos.
>>> Should I use -fno-gcse?
>>>
>>> The situation is that there is one very important function with
>>> computed
>>> gotos and about 300 others without!
>>> Isn't there a way to disable fgcse for that one function and allow
>>> it for
>>> the rest of the code?
>>>
>>> With fno-gcse the program is about 0.3% faster, so I can't tell for
>>> sure
>>> what's the right thing to do here.
>>
>>
>>
>> break the file into two parts, one that can be -fgcse'd and one that
>> can be -fno-gcse'd
>>
>> nathan
>>
>
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list