malloc and casts
Manu Abraham
abraham.manu@gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:25:00 GMT 2005
Andrew Hardy wrote:
>I don't really undrstand what you're trying to achieve, but it looks a bit
>
>
I am trying to parse a bitstream, with minimal CPU usage, ie without
using too many a malloc().
>suspicious that you have pointers as part of your structs, this may give
>issues when you cast if you think you have structs wholely within structs.
>
>
>
I think this was the problem i have been facing..
>Would something like this help??
>
>char *ptr;
>
>// where storage contains what you want in enough space to coopy it out
>into your structs.
>ptr = storage;
>
>memcpy(somestruct, ptr, sizeof(somestruct));
>ptr += sizeof(somestruct);
>
>memcpy(somestruct, ptr, sizeof(somestruct));
>ptr += sizeof(somestruct);
>
>memcpy(somestruct, ptr, sizeof(somestruct));
>ptr += sizeof(somestruct);
>
>etc...
>
>where your structures don't include pointers and where somestruct is the
>current of a number structures or if you require current of a number of
>substructures that you require to have in one struct.
>
>
>
Hmm, You mean to say, use the structs without the pointers ?
Thanks,
Manu
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list