mips calling conventions
Mad Props
madprops@gmx.net
Wed Aug 10 13:55:00 GMT 2005
Hi,
I have a question regarding the mips32 calling conventions in gcc. I
implement in C++ and use assembly when neccessary. As far as I know the
first four arguments are passed in a0 to a3 but space on the stack still
needs to be "allocated" for those four arguments. Here is what I've got so
far:
Part I wrote in assembly:
[...]
a000b210: 40044000 mfc0 a0,c0_badvaddr
a000b214: 0c002a3a jal a000a8e8 <foo>
a000b218: 03a02821 move a1,sp
[...]
Code in .cpp file ( Function: extern "C" void foo( unsigned p0, unsigned p1
) )
a000a8e8 <foo>:
a000a8e8: 27bdff98 addiu sp,sp,-104
a000a8ec: afbf0064 sw ra,100(sp)
a000a8f0: afb00060 sw s0,96(sp)
a000a8f4: afa40068 sw a0,104(sp) [ ??? ]
a000a8f8: afa5006c sw a1,108(sp) [ ??? ]
a000a8fc: 3c02a002 lui v0,0xa002
...So the assembly part calles foo() and passes two arguments. Do I have to
manually decrease the stack pointer by 4*4 bytes now and increment it again
when I return ?? It's just - the code produced by gcc seems to smash the
stack... On the other hand it seems really weird to me if I had to write
somthing like
[...]
mfc0 a0,c0_badvaddr
subi sp, sp, 16
jal a000a8e8 <foo>
move a1,sp
addi sp, sp, 32
[...]
every time a call a C routine in assembly.
Would be smashing if anybody could help me out.
Thomas
--
5 GB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list