gcc can't find libgcc_s.so.1
Paul Dubuc
pdubuc@cas.org
Fri Sep 10 18:00:00 GMT 2004
I'm having trouble building gcc (3.3.4 on Solaris 8 Sparc) so that it doesn't
need the location of libgcc_s.so.1 in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I thought I could do
this in the bootstrap step by saying
gmake LDFLAGS="-Wl,--rpath -Wl,${GCCRUNLIBDIR}" bootstrap
or
gmake LDFLAGS="-R${GCCRUNLIBDIR}" bootstrap
this has worked in the past when libstdc++.so developed a dependency on this
library:
dump -Lv libstdc++.so
libstdc++.so:
**** DYNAMIC SECTION INFORMATION ****
.dynamic:
[INDEX] Tag Value
[1] NEEDED libm.so.1
[2] NEEDED libgcc_s.so.1
[3] NEEDED libc.so.1
[4] SONAME libstdc++.so.5
[5] RPATH /volws/pmd25/ldatae/gnu/gcc-3.3.4/lib
[6] INIT 0x26468
[7] FINI 0x5c970
[8] HASH 0x94
...
The RPATH is the location of libgcc_s.so.1. Now, I notice that the gcc and g++
executables also have this dependency:
dump -Lv g++
g++:
**** DYNAMIC SECTION INFORMATION ****
.dynamic:
[INDEX] Tag Value
[1] NEEDED libgcc_s.so.1
[2] NEEDED libc.so.1
[3] INIT 0x11468
[4] FINI 0x25778
[5] HASH 0x100e8
This wasn't the case in 3.3.1
How do I run gmake bootstrap to get the RPATH into the executable so I don't get
ld.so.1: ./g++: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
when I run the compiler and so I don't have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
Any help would be appreciated.
--
Paul M. Dubuc
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list