Great g++ bug! Local destructor isn't called!

Eljay Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Wed Mar 10 15:23:00 GMT 2004

Hi Lev,

I notice that if the throw(int) specification is taken off the Raiser
constructor, then the ~Object() is called with -O3.

(I'm using GCC 3.3.1 on CygWin / Windows XP.)

Very odd.  Good catch.  Have you filed a bug?

BTW, in general, I've found that it's usually best NOT to put in throw
specifications for functions / methods.  Ever.  (This restriction does not
apply to putting in the "throw() -- I throw nothing, ever"
specification.  But even that should be used with great caution.)

If C++ did exception specifications like how Java does them, then that'd be
a different story.

--Eljay