Compiling in a .a file
lrtaylor@micron.com
lrtaylor@micron.com
Mon Jul 19 17:15:00 GMT 2004
Try linking to the .a file at compile time:
gcc -G -I/usr/informix/incl/tools -I/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/include
-I/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/include/solaris
-B/usr/fourgen/lib/NewSource/Lib/Dbase/h_encrypt.src
aes_jni_encryption.c -lsomelib -o libpodenc.so
Thanks,
Lyle
-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Podadmin
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 11:01 AM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Compiling in a .a file
This seems like it shouldn't be too hard to do, but maybe it can't be
done.
I am trying to simply compile one .c file into a .so file. The problem
is that the .c file uses a third party library and they only gave a .h
and a .a file.
Here is what I have so far:
gcc -G -I/usr/informix/incl/tools -I/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/include
-I/usr/j2sdk1.4.2
_04/include/solaris -B/usr/fourgen/lib/NewSource/Lib/Dbase/h_encrypt.src
aes_jni
_encryption.c -o libpodenc.so
This compiles correctly but when I run my application it cannot find the
function call in the .a file.
Is there a way to compile a .a file into my .so file?
Thanks for any help anybody can give.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list