Compiling in a .a file

Podadmin podadmin@peapod.com
Mon Jul 19 17:00:00 GMT 2004

This seems like it shouldn't be too hard to do, but maybe it can't be done.

I am trying to simply compile one .c file into a .so file.  The problem
is that the .c file uses a third party library and they only gave a .h
and a .a file.

Here is what I have so far:

gcc -G -I/usr/informix/incl/tools -I/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/include
-I/usr/j2sdk1.4.2
_04/include/solaris -B/usr/fourgen/lib/NewSource/Lib/Dbase/h_encrypt.src
aes_jni
_encryption.c -o libpodenc.so

This compiles correctly but when I run my application it cannot find the
function call in the .a file.

Is there a way to compile a .a file into my .so file?

Thanks for any help anybody can give.