gcc shared versus static

Nizar ROMDHANE nizar.romdhane@st.com
Fri Feb 20 12:03:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I would like to know the difference between compiling gcc with
--enable-shared and with --disable-shared?

Infact I would like to generate a stand alone binary with no need to
have libctdc++ installed on the host machine. If I compile gcc with
--disable-shared and then use it to compile my project (c++ project)
into a binary, will it be stand alone? If not how can I have this (of
course if possible)

Thanks a lot
Cheers

Nizar ROMDHANE
System Level Design Engineer
SLD Team Leader - OCCS - CMG Design - CMG
STMicroelectronics Tunis
Cite Technologique des communications -
Elghazala - 2088 - Ariana - TUNISIA
phone:	+216 71 857 750 (office 131)