Code Bloat using GCC 3.2 on Linux

Joe Steeve joe_steeve@gmx.net
Mon Dec 20 06:18:00 GMT 2004


Gaurav Jain <gaurav.anywhere@gmail.com> writes:

> I have an application which is compiled using gcc 3.2 on linux.
> The problem is that the same application compiled on Windows
> using MS VC.net is much smaller in size (about 1/2) than that on

Is the compiled binary (using VC.net) managed code on a DotNET
clr?

> I wish to know whether there are any gcc options that can be
> used to combat the excessive code bloat using gcc on linux?  Why

Use objdump to dump the program & section headers of the ELF and
compare that with the section dump of the PE executable (I've no
clue how you'll get the section dump of the PE., are there any
tools available?? will objdump on w32 do it?? ). They should show
comparitively where the bloat is.

-- 
.O. A proud GNU user
..O http://www.joesteeve.tk/
OOO http://gnukid.shyper.com/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 188 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20041220/a7beacad/attachment-0001.sig>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list