Code Bloat using GCC 3.2 on Linux

Gaurav Jain gaurav.anywhere@gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 05:03:00 GMT 2004


Hi,

I have used bzip2 for the Linux version and zip for the Windows
version, and *after* compression, the relative sizes are still almost
2::1.

I have already tried using compression methods, but I can't go for
anything than bzip2 at most, as it's freely available.  What I really
wanted to resolve was the core problem, which seems to be the larger
C++ binaries, rather than the compression method.

Thanks,
-Gaurav


On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:47:43 -0600, Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi Guarav,
> 
> >What's more important for me is the size on disk.  I want a small file
> that can be easy to download.
> 
> What are the sizes of the Windows versus Linux files after running them
> through zip or bzip2?
> 
> --Eljay
> 
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list