Please Help Me with Dev-C++
Wes Ripley
wes_783@hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 04:13:00 GMT 2004
Hello,
I am writing because i'm new to programming, VERY NEW. I got a book
for Christmas about Game Programming, and it came with a disk. On that disk
there was a version of Dev-C++. I installed it, and I'm trying to work
through the tutorials on the help menu in an effort to learn basic C
programming. Unfortunatly I've come to a hult! In the turotial it tells you
how to make a simple program called the Hello World Program. I copied the
code exactly as follows:
#include <stdin.h>
main()
{
printf("Hello World\n");
}
I then saved this program as hello.c and then I clicked on the Execute tab
of the toolbar and then click Compile. That is what the tutorial says to do,
and what I get is an error. In the Compile Log (at the bottom of the screen)
the toal errors equal 1, and this appears in the Compile Log:
Compiler: Default compiler
Executing gcc.exe...
gcc.exe "C:\Dev-Cpp\Project 1\hello.c" -o "C:\Dev-Cpp\Project 1\hello.exe"
-I"C:\Program Files\Dev-CPP\include" -L"C:\Program Files\Dev-CPP\lib"
Execution terminated
Also under the Copile Tab (bottom of screen) under Line it says 2, under
File it says C:\Dev-Cpp\Progect1\2, and under the Message it says "unable to
run program file.".
Is there something I'm missing or something i'm doing wrong? If so could you
please help me? I've been so frustrated trying to learn this stuff, but I
can't even practice! If you could send a step by step process from opening
of the program to the compiling, linking, and running process that will work
I'd appreciate it!
Thank You,
Wes
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list