compiling an old c++ program: where is String.h ???

llewelly@xmission.com llewelly@xmission.com
Thu Apr 15 17:02:00 GMT 2004

"Andreas K. Huettel" <Andreas.Huettel@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE> writes:

> [please cc, I am not on the list]
>
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to compile an old c++ program (last maintained using SuSE
> Linux 7.3, gcc 2.95.3) on a recent linux installation (SuSE 9.0, gcc 3.3.1
> (SuSE Linux)).
>
> However, I cannot find anywhere any reference to the header file
> "String.h" (yes, uppercase) that seems to have been included earlier in
> a libgpp.rpm, part of the gcc package.
[snip]

If this is the old, long-unmaintained libg++, I think you are out of
    luck.

You can still get libg++ from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libg++/ , but it
    does not compile with current gcc.

I suggest you try contacting your linux distro insearch of a
    libgpp.src.rpm, or whatever they call the source rpm.