Compiling glib-2.2.1 with gcc-3.2 for cygwin

Leo Przybylski leop@engr.arizona.edu
Sun May 11 00:17:00 GMT 2003


Hello,

I'm compiling on cygwin. I am getting an unusual error:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Administrator/glib-2.2.1/gobject'
/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o libgobject-2.0.la 
-rpath
/usr/local/lib -version-info 200:1:200 -export-dynamic -no-undefined 
gboxed.lo g
closure.lo genums.lo gobject.lo gparam.lo gparamspecs.lo gsignal.lo 
gsourceclosu
re.lo gtype.lo gtypemodule.lo gtypeplugin.lo gvalue.lo gvaluearray.lo 
gvaluetran
sform.lo gvaluetypes.lo ../glib/libglib-2.0.la -lintl

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive 
../glib/libglib-2.0.
la.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: `/lib/libintl.la' seems to be moved
rm -fr .libs/libgobject-2.0.la .libs/libgobject-2.0.* .libs/libgobject-2.0.*

I don't know if this even has anything to do with gcc. I have searched 
google and only a few cases exist, but are exactly the same. The people 
that are having this trouble are able to fix it by upgrading their gcc 
binary to gcc-3.2-1. Well, I decided that I would just build my own gcc. 
I am still having the same trouble though.

Again, I still am unsure if it is gcc. Notice how it is linking 
libglib-2.0.1a. I'm trying building glib-2.2.1, so why is it trying to 
link libglib-2.0.1a?

Any one with answers would be most appreciated.

-Leo



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list