8 char filename problem...

Edward Byard ed@edwardbyard.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 16:24:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I use two versions of GCC on my system, to compile for m68k and Hitachi
h8300h processors.

My problem is that I cannot get files with longer than 8 characters in a
filename to compile ("no rule to make target") on the Hitachi-compiling
version.

The GCC version I use for the m68k is much newer (it uses the cygwin1.dll)
than for the Hitachi chip (which doesn't - don't ask why...it's what I was
supplied).

Is there a way around this? I'd like them both to use the same version (i.e.
the one the m68k uses), but I already have libraries compiled under the
older GCC version (and no source code for them either!).

Also, how can I find out what version GCC they are both using?

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful to hear them.

Regards,
Ed Byard