Problems when building gcc 3.2or 3.3 as cross compiler for powerpc-linux

Richard Sewards richard.sewards@navtelcom.com
Mon Jun 2 15:22:00 GMT 2003

Hi Nick,

I have an apparently working gcc for powerpc linux now. I was able to
create it using the kluge many stage partial builds, but fixing
config/rs6000/linux.h has also worked and allows the use of your 3 stage
build.

I also had to force inhibitlibc (by modifying the gcc/configure script)
to be set for both the minimal gcc and the full gcc using glibc.
(Actually, inhibitlibc is set if you configure gcc with --with-newlib,
which works for the minimal gcc.  For the full gcc this conflicts with
glibc and there is no other way to get -Dinhibitlibc to be set.)

I have attached a patch showing what I changed.  It seems that when the
threading model is set to posix (the default for linux) the threading
headers include signal.h and other files from glibc and these conflict
with linux/signal.h and asm/ucontext.h which work when the threading
model is single (as used for a minimal gcc).

Regards,

--
Richard Sewards