Is there some compiler can generate a.out executable?

Muthukumar Ratty muthu@iqmail.net
Tue Jul 1 17:36:00 GMT 2003


> For some reason,I must execute an a.out executable in modern linux.There are three questions puzzled me.
> 1.Can the gcc in the modern linux system generate a.out executable? How to?

you can use objcopy to convert it into a.out format. i know its possible
but never tried it. the better place to ask this is binutils mailing list
binutils@sources.redhat.com


Muthu

> 2.If the modern gcc can't,are there some else free compilers can do it?
>   Where can I find the compiler ?
> 3.The executable compiled by minix can't be identified in morden linux.Why?
>   Maybe the header or magic number is different.May I change something to make it work?How to?
>
> Thanks to anyone for anything they can give me.
>
>
> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Deng Tong
> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡deng_tong@hotmail.com
> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2003-07-01
>






More information about the Gcc-help mailing list