Is there some compiler can generate a.out executable?

Karim Hamed-Abdelouahab khamed@progese.com
Tue Jul 1 09:22:00 GMT 2003

Hi Deng,

You should read several documentations about gcc ;-)

Some hints:
The command line to compile and to generate object files: gcc -c foo.c
The command line to link all the object generated in the command befor: gcc  o foo foo.o

Best regards.
Karim.
-----Message d'origine-----
De : gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] De la part de Deng Tong
Envoyé : mardi 1 juillet 2003 11:01
À : gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Objet : Is there some compiler can generate a.out executable?

For some reason,I must execute an a.out executable in modern linux.There are three questions puzzled me.
1.Can the gcc in the modern linux system generate a.out executable? How to?
2.If the modern gcc can't,are there some else free compilers can do it?
  Where can I find the compiler ?
3.The executable compiled by minix can't be identified in morden linux.Why?
  Maybe the header or magic number is different.May I change something to make it work?How to?

Thanks to anyone for anything they can give me.

        Deng Tong
        deng_tong@hotmail.com
          2003-07-01