checking whether the C compiler works... no
Reed Lawson
reedlawson@yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 16:26:00 GMT 2003
--- Rupert Wood <me@rupey.net> wrote:
> Reed Lawson wrote:
>
> > warning: ld-linux.so.2, needed by
> /home/reed/rl/dev/toolroot/lib/
> > libc.so.6, not found (try using -rpath or
> -rpath-link)
>
> I'm well behind on cross-compilers - haven't built
> one for ages - so I can't
> pick up the subtleties in those error messages.
Is it really a cross-compile? Heck, its a 386!
> But here's a couple of ideas:
>
> 1. there's a libc.la file (or thereabouts). This is
> a linker script and may
> contain an absolute path, e.g. /lib/ld-linux.so.2,
> which you'll need to
> change. I don't think the toolchain scripts deal
> with .la files yet.
reed@barbados:~/build/gcc$ find gcc-3.3.2 -name "*.la"
reed@barbados:~/build/gcc$ find build-gcc -name
"*.la"
reed@barbados:~/build/gcc$ find build-glib -name
"*.la"
reed@barbados:~/build/gcc$ find glibc-2.3.2 -name
"*.la"
reed@barbados:~/build/gcc$ cd ~/rl/dev/toolroot
reed@barbados:~/rl/dev/toolroot$ find . -name "*.la"
reed@barbados:~/rl/dev/toolroot$
Where exactly is that file? is that a "one" or an
"ell"? I cut and pasted from you mail, and I
tried both 1 and l as well as libc.la.
nothing.
> 2. the path to libc.so.6 could be hard-coded into
> GCC and it might not have
> a library search for your toolchain/lib. You can add
> '-v' to the compile
> line to check; look for the '-L's in the link line.
Well, I guess I could just hack the configure script
to ADD the path. However, won't it just break at the
next place its needed? Do I need to rewrite the
script to get it to work or is there something else
wrong with my setup....
> Good luck,
> Rup.
Thank you for the suggestions! I still need to try
#2. just ran out of time. Have to go to my Day job.
:-)
Thanks!!!
=====
Reed Lawson
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list