checking whether the C compiler works... no

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Tue Dec 16 17:06:00 GMT 2003

Reed Lawson wrote:

> warning: ld-linux.so.2, needed by /home/reed/rl/dev/toolroot/lib/
> libc.so.6, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

I'm well behind on cross-compilers - haven't built one for ages - so I can't
pick up the subtleties in those error messages. But here's a couple of
ideas:

1. there's a libc.la file (or thereabouts). This is a linker script and may
contain an absolute path, e.g. /lib/ld-linux.so.2, which you'll need to
change. I don't think the toolchain scripts deal with .la files yet.

2. the path to libc.so.6 could be hard-coded into GCC and it might not have
a library search for your toolchain/lib. You can add '-v' to the compile
line to check; look for the '-L's in the link line.

Good luck,
Rup.