help on soft-float
Ian Lance Taylor
ian@wasabisystems.com
Fri Dec 19 14:58:00 GMT 2003
Liu Hongming <liuhm@fudan.edu.cn> writes:
[ Moved to gcc-help ]
> I am using gcc cross-compiler for mips bought from some vendors,
> and it doesnt support -msoft-float option(I dont know why it is a difficulty).
> I have reviewed the source codes(gcc 2.95.3 with specific patches),
> and I think I still need help.
>
> Anyone could give me any advice about this?Since I am a newbie
> on gcc for mips,and I am not confident in modifing it now.Any advice
> or information is appreciated!
If you bought a cross-compiler from a vendor, you should contact them
first.
What precisely do you mean when you say that the compiler does not
support the -msoft-float option? What happens when you use it?
A normal gcc cross-compiler for MIPS will support -msoft-float. If
your vendor modified that somehow, then you need to talk to them, not
to us.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list