Question Re: make bootstrap failure -> libgcc.map: file format..

Andy Gabor ajgabor@ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 12 20:53:00 GMT 2002

This this probably more than anyone wants to know but it seems...

1. binutil populates both /usr/local/bin and
/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bin with ld and such.  Files in both
directories are identical as are their creation date and time (hard link).

2. Sun ld is in /usr/ccs/bin.

3. Build works so long as configure is used with --with-ld=(any of the
above files).  If this option is *not* set, build dies although it seems
it is using the correct files based on the build output.

A bit mysterious - but I guess if the world made any sense men would
ride side-saddle.

Andy