Use +z or +Z to recompile...

Venkatakrishnan, V v.venkatakrishnan@channels.usa.xerox.com
Mon Oct 21 10:47:00 GMT 2002


Using -fPIC gives the same error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Law [mailto:law@porcupine.cygnus.com] 
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 12:34 PM
To: Venkatakrishnan, V
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Use +z or +Z to recompile... 


In message
<8229C4577A00D511ABC00090277A45A0012361B1@us0111-ch-ms1.sdi.xcdg.xer
ox.com>, "Venkatakrishnan, V" writes:
 >Hi,
 >	I'm using gcc ver 3.2 20020708 (experimental) on my HPUX 11.0 box.
 >	When building a shared library I get an error as follows....
 >
 >/usr/ccs/bin/ld: DP relative code in file /var/tmp//ccCoJZUg.o - shared
>library must be position independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.  >
 >	Now I'm already using the -fpic option while compiling my .c to .o
 >using which I then try to build my .sl, so I guess my object file is
already  >position independent.  Why the error during link though?
 >	Is there something I'm missing here??
Use -fPIC rather than -fpic.
jeff



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list