Multiple libgcc builds for MIPS target

jon@siliconcircus.com jon@siliconcircus.com
Tue Oct 1 11:00:00 GMT 2002


Hi,

I'm building a cross compiler for an x86 host/build system and a MIPS
target.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to target both MIPS32 and MIPS64 -
and no matter whether I configure gcc with mips32-*-elf or mips64-*-elf,
the resulting compiler seems capable of producing assembler for both
platforms.  However, when it comes to linking with libgcc, the error
message "ISA mismatch (-mips32) with previous modules (-mips3)"  (or
similar) appears.

MIPS32 and MIPS64 do indeed have different ABIs, so this message is
understandable - but results only because gcc is compiling libgcc only for
the architecture it's configured for.  So, my question: Is it possible to
persuade gcc to compile both MIPS32 and MIPS64 versions of libgcc.a, or do
I need to compile two gccs (one for 32, one for 64) in order to achieve my
goal of targeting both architectures?

-- 
Jon Bright




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list