template peculiarity

Andrey R. Urazov coola@ngs.ru
Sun Jan 6 03:49:00 GMT 2002


Hello everybody,

I've faced a problem using gcc 3.0. I tried to define partial template
specialization for template member-function in a template class and
failed with that. Being given the following piece of code:

struct Policy {};
    
struct B {
    template<class Q, class W> int getval();
    template<class Q> int getval<Q, Policy>();
};

gcc swears like that:

template_test.cpp:5: sorry, not implemented: `component_ref' not
supported by 
   dump_decl
template_test.cpp:5: partial specialization `<declaration error><Q, Policy>' of 
   function template

Is this ok and should I give up trying to use partial template
specialization for template member function? Or maybe there is a
solution of the problem.

                        Yours sincerely, Andrey Urazov
-- 
MMM-MM!!  So THIS is BIO-NEBULATION! 
--
Sunday, January 06, 2002, 17:41:23 +0600 - Andrey R. Urazov (mailto:coola@ngs.ru)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 232 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20020106/2b67f4f8/attachment.sig>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list