embedding gcc?
Ben Dougall
bend@freenet.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 06:18:00 GMT 2002
Gokhan,
> GCC seems to be actually too big for your scripting system needs to be
> distributed easily.
Size isn't an issue that effects embedding or not embedding. If my app
requires GCC, whether it's embedded or not, will still result in the
same total download size – the difference would be one download and
install, or two separate downloads and installs.
> In fact make sure to read the license agreement, you might not be able
> to do this legally, I mean sell the freely distributed software with
> your software bundle as if you did something new. I believe GCC has to
> be distributed in its own package, NOT in such bits and pieces for
> profiteering...
As I understand that sort of license, so long as you keep the source
code open it's fine – you can do what ever the hell you want with it.
If you're mingling your code with their code, that would mean your own
code would need to be open source too.
But what I want to know about the technical side of this. How,
technically could I go about this? Any pointers as to where or how to
start? I'm also thinking there must have been a previous project that
needed to include GCC in some way and would be very interested to know
if anyone knows of such a thing?
Thanks, Ben.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list