beginners question

Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci fwyzard@inwind.it
Mon Apr 22 04:44:00 GMT 2002


At 01:01 PM 4/22/02 +0200, Catharina Kylander wrote:
>Hi,
>I need some help. I am trying to compile gcc on my windows machine under 
>cygwin, but I don't seem to have a correct path to gcc or CC.
>-What should I point to?? And where is the best placement of source files 
>vs compiled files - any good suggestions?
>
>I'd really appreciate some help on this basic but needy topic.

Are you running GCC from command or bash ?

Under command, you will probably not be able to run GCC, as you will miss 
many neede features that cygwin provides (eg., symlinks, etc.)
Under bash, everything should be setup automatically for a binary 
installation of GCC.
If you built it from source, then you have to add the installation dir 
(usually /usr/local/bin) to your PATH environment. You can do that in your 
/etc/profile file, adding
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
at the end.

Hope this helps,
fwyzard






More information about the Gcc-help mailing list