problem getting C++ support with gcc

Tom Cruickshank tcruicksh@softhome.net
Mon Sep 10 16:40:00 GMT 2001

Hello,
    I recently compiled gcc 3.0. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have
C++ support.Would anyone know of how to accomplish this task?

Note; I have already tried rpm -i gcc-c++-3.0.0.85.i686.rpm
but had no success in getting past this roadblock. Thanks in advance
for any help!

Sincerely,

Thomas Cruickshank

[jero@jero MPlayer]$ ./configure
You can get detailed help on configure with: ./configure --help
Please wait while ./configure discovers your software and hardware
environment!
Detected operating system: Linux
Detected host architecture: i386
Checking version of gcc ... 3.0, ok
Checking for language ... en
Using ... help_mp-en.h file
GL includes not found!
DivX4Linux includes (decore.h) not found!
Checking assembler (as) ... 2.10.91, ok
Checking mmx support in Kernel ... ok
Checking mmx2 support in Kernel ... ok
Checking sse support in Kernel ... ok
Checking Linux kernel version ... 2.4.2-2, ok
Install prefix: /usr/local
Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
Checking for cpu vendor ... GenuineIntel ( 6:8:1 )
Checking for cpu type ...  Pentium III (Coppermine)
Optimizing to ... i686
Checking for mmx support ... yes
Checking for mmx2 support ... yes
Checking for 3dnow support ... no
Checking for 3dnowex support ... no
Checking for sse support ... yes
Checking for mtrr support ... yes
Screen size ... 1x1
Checking for X11 libs ... -L/usr/X11R6/lib
Checking for X11 headers ...
Checking mga_vid device ... no
Checking for xmga ... no
Checking for SDL ... yes
Checking for AA ... no
Checking for GGI ... no
Checking for OpenGL ... no
Checking for Xv ... yes
Checking for X11 ... yes
Checking for DGA ... yes
Checking for DGA 2.0 .. yes
Checking for Xf86VM ... yes
Checking for SVGAlib ... no
Checking for FBDev ... yes
Checking for OSS Audio ... yes
Checking for ALSA Audio ... no
Checking for ESD Audio ... yes
Checking for Sun Audio ... no
Checking for Sun mediaLib ... no
Checking for DeCSS support ... no
Checking for DVDread support ... no
Checking for PNG support ... yes
Checking for OggVorbis support ... yes
Checking for Win32 DLL support ... yes
Checking for DirectShow ... yes
Checking if your compiler 'gcc' supports C++ ... no
Your C++ compiler does not support C++, make sure you have enabled it on
compiler compilation or for binary packages, make sure the appropriate
packages are installed!
If you don't need DirectShow support, you can also use:
./configure --disable-dshow <your-normal-configure-options>
to disable building of the C++ based DirectShow code.
[jero@jero MPlayer]$