Elementary makefile questions

kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com
Mon Nov 19 02:59:00 GMT 2001

>>If you don't actually Sun make, then you can try running the 'build.sh'
>>script in the GNU make source directory instead; this should build GNU
>>make without requiring the Sun make.

I am trying to build the GNU make without the SUN make. When I run
build.sh I get the following output:

======================
$ build.sh^M
compiling ar.c...^M
compiling arscan.c...^M
compiling commands.c...^M
compiling dir.c...^M
compiling expand.c...^M
compiling file.c...^M
compiling function.c...^M
"./function.c", line 238: warning: semantics of "<=" change in ANSI C; use expli
cit cast^M
"./function.c", line 1686: warning: semantics of "<" change in ANSI C; use expli
cit cast^M
compiling getopt.c...^M
compiling implicit.c...^M
compiling job.c...^M
compiling main.c...^M
compiling misc.c...^M
compiling read.c...^M
compiling remake.c...^M
compiling rule.c...^M
compiling signame.c...^M
compiling variable.c...^M
compiling vpath.c...^M
compiling default.c...^M
compiling version.c...^M
compiling getopt1.c...^M
compiling remote-stub.c...^M
compiling gettext.c...^M
"./gettext.c", line 712: Illegal number 4294967295U^M
==================

After running this I cannot see a make file in this directory. Is there meant to
be
a new make.exe after running this? If so, where? What does the last line mean?

Thanks for your patience
Kabir

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.