Makefile question

kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com
Fri Nov 16 07:55:00 GMT 2001

As you are probably aware I don't know much about C installation, so here's
another straightforward question:

I initially had a make.exe file in /usr/ccs/bin/ that must have come into
existence during my SUNWspro installation.

I want to generate a new make.exe file, using the gnu source files. I downloaded
them onto my Solaris machine.

Now, I was under the impression that if I ran the ./configure file a new
make.exe file would be generated. Is that right?

I have run the script and it doesn't generate a new make.exe file (though it
generates a Makefile in ..glob/.

How do I generate a make.exe file, if the above is not the right way.

Thanks
Kabir

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.