.alloca Error whileConfiguring GCC on AIX

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 23:40:00 GMT 2001


On Jun  4, 2001, Narasiman Balasubramanian <gccbala@yahoo.com> wrote:

>       I configured the gcc 2.95.1 on AIX 4.3 machine 

> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .alloca
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__divdi3
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__udivdi3
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__moddi3
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__umoddi3
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__ashldi3
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__ashrdi3
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__lshrdi3

Do you really need 2.95.1?  How about 2.95.3?  I have built it myself
on AIX 4.1.  This doesn't prove it works on AIX 4.3 too, but I believe
it does.

However, I have used a previously-built version of GCC to build it.
Which compiler are you using?

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list