GCC 3.0 CVS bootstrap failure

Michael Still mikal@stillhq.com
Tue Jun 5 12:46:00 GMT 2001


Hey all.

I followed the following steps to checkout GCC 3.0:
 - cvs login
 - cvs -z 9 co -r gcc-3_0-branch gcc
 - ./configure
 - make bootstrap

And got the following error (only the last few lines included):

(cd .libs && rm -f libsupc++.la && ln -s ../libsupc++.la libsupc++.la)
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/buildfarm/gcc-3.0/gcc/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu/
libstdc++-v3/libsupc++'
Making all in src
make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/buildfarm/gcc-3.0/gcc/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
/libstdc++-v3/src'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `limitsMEMBERS.cc', needed by
`limitsMEMBERS
.lo'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/buildfarm/gcc-3.0/gcc/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu/
libstdc++-v3/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/buildfarm/gcc-3.0/gcc/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu/
libstdc++-v3'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/buildfarm/gcc-3.0/gcc/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu/
libstdc++-v3'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/buildfarm/gcc-3.0/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

This is an a 32 bit sparc running linux.

I know that 3.0 is unstable (development), I was actually downloading it
to run the testsuite and submit the results. I am now just checking if
people are aware of this problem.

Cheers,
Mikal

-- 
Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com)
  http://www.stillhq.com -- a whole bunch of Open Source stuff including PDF software...

"Grrrrrrr! I'm a volleyballing machine!"



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list