GCC 3.0 HP-UX 11.00 64bit Build Instructions

Richard Davies richy.boy@clara.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 06:32:00 GMT 2001


> Another question though - which version of gcc-3.0 are you building? 
The
> original release has the ltconfig error determining maximum length of

> command line arguments. 
> 

Yes, I'm using the original release. I rarely breath near the 
development branch because things do tend to break unexpectedly. I just 
let ltconfig break, then manually add the command line length argument 
to the config cache file, so make will resume from where it left off.


> I am currently synced to gcc-3.0-branch but this does not build 
failing
> during stage1 with:
> 
> ./genflags /usr/local/src/gcc-snapshot/gcc_snapshot/gcc/gcc/config/pa/
pa
> .md > tmp-flags.h
> /bin/sh /usr/local/src/gcc-snapshot/gcc_snapshot/gcc/gcc/move-if-
change
> tmp-flags.h insn-flags.h
> echo timestamp > s-flags
> (cd /usr/local/src/gcc-snapshot/gcc_snapshot/gcc/gcc && false  -o c-p$
$.
> c c-parse.y && \
> mv -f c-p$$.c c-parse.c)
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
> 
> Thanks again
> mathew
> 

I'm afraid I can't really help there, maybe Olivia will have some gem 
of wisdom. 

I would guess something stupid and completely wrong that yacc hasn't 
generated the correct file or something of that ilk, but unless I cvs 
checkout out the branch (I won't be doing that) I won't have any real 
idea of what is wrong.

-- 
-- 
RichyBoy



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list