GCC 3.0 HP-UX 11.00 64bit Build Instructions

ERICSON, MATHEW (A-Australia, ex1) mathew_ericson@agilent.com
Fri Jul 20 04:48:00 GMT 2001

Richard,

Scratch that - error was caused by using HPUX make(1) instead of GNU
make(1). Reset $PATH correctly and build continues...stay tuned...

Thanks
mathew

-----Original Message-----
From: ERICSON,MATHEW (A-Australia,ex1) [ mailto:mathew_ericson@agilent.com ]
Sent: Friday, 20 July 2001 9:38 PM
To: 'richy.boy@clara.co.uk'; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: GCC 3.0 HP-UX 11.00 64bit Build Instructions

Richard,

Thankyou for shedding somelight on this matter I am forging ahead - spirits
renewed knowing that atleast someone else has this working.

Another question though - which version of gcc-3.0 are you building? The
original release has the ltconfig error determining maximum length of
command line arguments.

I am currently synced to gcc-3.0-branch but this does not build failing
during stage1 with:

./genflags /usr/local/src/gcc-snapshot/gcc_snapshot/gcc/gcc/config/pa/pa
.md > tmp-flags.h
/bin/sh /usr/local/src/gcc-snapshot/gcc_snapshot/gcc/gcc/move-if-change
tmp-flags.h insn-flags.h
echo timestamp > s-flags
(cd /usr/local/src/gcc-snapshot/gcc_snapshot/gcc/gcc && false  -o c-p$$.
c c-parse.y && \
mv -f c-p$$.c c-parse.c)
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.