Help building gcc 2.97 (Snapsot 20010205)
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 10:36:00 GMT 2001
On Feb 15, 2001, Ramanand V Mandayam <mandayrv@nb.conexant.com> wrote:
> I immediately ran into some problems with the makefile not being able
> to compile the libstdc++v3.
Without more details, it's really hard to tell what the problem is.
> After going through the installation manual
> a couple of times I noticed that I absolutely need an installation of
> gcc 2.96 (?) or better to be able to get gcc 2.97 to even compile.
>From where did you get this idea? Oh, from the old libstdc++-v3
installation manual, from the time in which it was still a separate
project? That's no longer true. When you build libstdc++-v3 as part
of the GCC build, it'll use the new version of GCC.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list