Help building gcc 2.97 (Snapsot 20010205)

Ramanand V Mandayam mandayrv@nb.conexant.com
Thu Feb 15 15:19:00 GMT 2001


Hello,

I have a project wherein I need to parse C++ programs that heavily use
anonymous structs inside other structs and unions (as in the
driver modules provided by you-know-who). After struggline for about a 
week trying to modify gcc 2.95.2 to address this scenario, I found out
that gcc 2.97 and above has addressed and solved this problem. 

Since I prefer to work with existing gcc software, I went ahead and 
downloaded the 20010205 snapshot of gcc 2.97 and tried building it.
I immediately ran into some problems with the makefile not being able
to compile the libstdc++v3. After going through the installation manual 
a couple of times I noticed that I absolutely need an installation of 
gcc 2.96 (?) or better to be able to get gcc 2.97 to even compile. Since I
only have an installed gcc version of 2.95, (and since 2.96 is also considered
to be an experimental snapshot), what is my best bet at solving this problem.

I am willing to download and temporarily install a previous snapshot of
2.97 or 2.96 if I am somewhat guaranteed that it will get me where I want
to be -- ie. compile and build gcc 2.97.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Ramanand



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list