cannot find libc.a for 64-bit compile

David T-G davidtg@bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 14 10:31:00 GMT 2001


Hi, folks --

Please forgive the almost-certainly-newbie post; I'm only a SysAdmin and
don't compile much :-)

In response to a request for a 64-bit capable compiler from one of our
developers, I downloaded the SunFreeWare egcs snapshot of 2000-03 and
installed it in /usr/local/egcs as Steve laid it out.  We've added the
-m64 directive to the CFLAGS and updated LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to
/usr/local/egcs/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.96/sparcv9 but a make
still finds /usr/lib/libc.a, which is only 32-bit (Solaris8).  I looked
but did not find a libc.a under /usr/local/egcs and can't think of where
else it would be.

What do I need to do to point to a 64-bit libc.a (and any other
libraries)?  Is this a Solaris issue or a gcc issue?


TIA & HAND

:-D
-- 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE6is7jUScpmrZtnuoRAu1aAJ0VTVTrAeScxmfRvfH2fK+MgfYEuACggtCi
m52vFAskHjLbrBvtsbHC+pU=
=n+yC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list