64-bit binaries?
Clayton Vernon
cvernon@enron.com
Sat Feb 3 15:08:00 GMT 2001
Sirs:
I am using your GCC 2.95.2 (sunfreeware.com's pkg-add precompiled
binaries) on Solaris 8, the OS in 64-bit mode. When I tyr to compile
using the -mcpu=v9 -m64 options, I get an error message "m64 not
suported for this machine) and when I delete the m64 I get multiple
errors messages from the (Sun?) assembler /usr/ccs/as saying "can't use
the v8 to build a v9 binary."
Is there a way to get 64-bit code without compiling the GCC myself? When
I tried to compile it, I get errors (typically segmentation
faults) I can't figure out. I tried to install GNU's "make," but after
using the "build.sh" option there it wouldn't itself "make" without
similar "seg. faults."
I'm worried I'm in a Catch-22- without a 64-bit assembler I can't get
64-bit code, but I can't "assemble" the 64- bit assembler without a
64-bit assembler.
Thank you, in advance,
Clayton Vernon
Houston, Texas
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list