gcc 20000828 and gas 2.10 don't work together on Solaris 2.7 ?

Stefan Thiede Stefan.Thiede@sv.sc.philips.com
Thu Aug 31 17:20:00 GMT 2000


Hi Folks,

after I got gcc compiled (dumb beginner mistake, you HAVE to compile it
in a different directory then the distribution) I tried to compile

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
  long *pint;

  printf("%d\n", sizeof(pint));
}

sparky:gnu> gcc test.c -m64
Assembler messages:
Error: invalid architecture -xarch=v9


What am I doing wrong ? Is the -m64 switch the wrong one ?
Any other way to specify the architecture ? Wrong version
of binutils ? Binutils configured wrong ?

Stefan



sparky:gnu> as -v
GNU assembler version 2.10 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7) using BFD version 2.10

sparky:gnu> gcc -v
Reading specs from
/tools/sandbox/gnu/gcc-egcs-20000828-sun/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/2.96/specs
gcc version 2.96 20000828 (experimental)

sparky:gnu> gcc test.c -m64
Assembler messages:
Error: invalid architecture -xarch=v9

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefan Thiede              Tel:   +1 (408) 991-5619
Philips Semiconductors     Fax:   +1 (408) 991-5589
811 E. Arques Avenue
M/S 42, P.O. Box 3409     mailto: Stefan.Thiede@sv.sc.philips.com
Sunnyvale, CA 94048-3409  seri  :        thiede@usmtvsc1


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list