gcc under redhat linux 6.0

Jeremy W. Murphy jwm@amc.com.au
Wed Oct 13 17:38:00 GMT 1999


At 22:14 12/10/1999 GMT, Peter Binkley wrote:
>I'm trying to teach myself a little C, and I've run up against my first
>obstacle: I can't figure out why my installation of gcc under Redhat
>Linux 6.0 on a Pentium isn't working. I've installed gcc from the RPM
>that came on the Redhat cdrom: egcs-1.1.2-12. When I try to compile a
>simple "hello world" program, though, it tells me that it can't find
>stdio.h. I've searched, and stdio.h doesn't exist on my hard drive. Is
>there something more I need to install, or is stdio.h lurking in some
>hidden location that gcc doesn't know about?
>
>I'd be grateful for any help!

	There is probably (invariably) another development package required.  I am
also using RH 6.0, but offhand I can only say that you will definitely need
the glibc package, but I am not sure that it includes stdio.h!  :)  Cheers.

			Jeremy



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list