gcc under redhat linux 6.0

Peter Binkley wallandbinkley@home.com
Tue Oct 12 15:18:00 GMT 1999

I'm trying to teach myself a little C, and I've run up against my first
obstacle: I can't figure out why my installation of gcc under Redhat
Linux 6.0 on a Pentium isn't working. I've installed gcc from the RPM
that came on the Redhat cdrom: egcs-1.1.2-12. When I try to compile a
simple "hello world" program, though, it tells me that it can't find
stdio.h. I've searched, and stdio.h doesn't exist on my hard drive. Is
there something more I need to install, or is stdio.h lurking in some
hidden location that gcc doesn't know about?

I'd be grateful for any help!

All the best,

Peter Binkley
wallandbinkley@home.com