Segmentation Fault: new char[12]

atharaken@my-deja.com atharaken@my-deja.com
Wed Dec 8 07:21:00 GMT 1999


Any free tools to detect memory leaks!!! Purify and Insure both cost a
lot. Any others!

In article < 82kesh$994$1@nnrp1.deja.com >,
  hwidjaja@my-deja.com wrote:
> I didn't see problem at your code..
> you mentioned that i gives a segm. fault when large number of users
> are accessing it ...
> I suspect that there is memory leaks in your code. Then you run out of
> memory...
> my suggestion is to check it,
>  you can use 'top -U<username>' or 'ps'.
>
> hwidjaja
> In article < 82jp3a$pal$1@nnrp1.deja.com >,
>   atharaken@my-deja.com wrote:
> > This is a snippet of some code I am using. I get a Segmentation
Fault
> > in _smalloc (malloc). It works sometimes and when a large number of
> > users are accessing it gives a segmentation fault.
> >
> > It happens at the line:
> >
> > _string = new char [_capacity];
> >
> > I call this using _Init(12);
> > This is a protected class.
> >
> > /* BEGIN CODE HERE */
> >
> > bool MyClass::_Init (long size)
> > {
> >     _capacity = size;
> >     _string = new char [_capacity]; //Get Segmentation Fault at
> _smalloc
> >     if (!_string) {
> >         _capacity = _size = 0L;
> >         return false;
> >     }
> >     _size = 0;
> >     _string[0] = '\0';
> >     return true;
> > }
> >
> > /*END CODE HERE */
> >
> > Machine: i386
> > OS: Solaris 7
> > GCC 2.95 (Release)
> >
> > Any help is appreciated
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
>


Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list