Segmentation Fault: new char[12]

atharaken@my-deja.com atharaken@my-deja.com
Wed Dec 8 06:51:00 GMT 1999

Question:

I use top to check the memory use. It does have a memory leak which I
need to fix but does Solaris have a limit on the amount of memory that
a application uses. It yes, how can that be changed.

This computer has around 2GB of RAM and this is the only app running on
this machine apart from other system daemons etc..

In article < 82kesh$994$1@nnrp1.deja.com >,
  hwidjaja@my-deja.com wrote:
> I didn't see problem at your code..
> you mentioned that i gives a segm. fault when large number of users
> are accessing it ...
> I suspect that there is memory leaks in your code. Then you run out of
> memory...
> my suggestion is to check it,
>  you can use 'top -U<username>' or 'ps'.
>
> hwidjaja
> In article < 82jp3a$pal$1@nnrp1.deja.com >,
>   atharaken@my-deja.com wrote:
> > This is a snippet of some code I am using. I get a Segmentation
Fault