[Bug target/60138] superh single/double precision fpu mode setting is backwards and unusable
olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Mar 13 21:14:00 GMT 2014
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60138
--- Comment #3 from Oleg Endo <olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to Rich Felker from comment #2)
> > No need to move it to TLS, since the FPSCR register is usually already part of
> > an execution context (i.e. thread) and will be saved and restored accordingly.
>
> This does not help.
> The compiler constantly clobbers the FPSCR with the
> values read from __fpscr_values[]. If you want to affect a change to the fpu
> behavior, you'd have to modify the values in this array, and they are
> global, not thread-local, which is wrong.
>
> If use of __fpscr_values is eliminated, of course this will not matter.
>
> Right now this is a blocking issue for musl libc having properly a working
> sh port (floating point tests fail because fenv is not honored). We could
> treat sh as a no-fenv port, but I'd rather not do that since the hardware
> does have working fenv and it's just gcc messing it up; also we don't really
> support no-fenv targets in a conforming way (we don't provide errno for math
> functions) so I'd much rather have fenv.
It's not a 5 minute job. I'll see what I can do for the next GCC version
(after 4.9). However, it will most likely not be backported to 4.8 or 4.9.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list