[Bug libstdc++/26701] std::time_get parses only 2 digits of year, in en_GB locale.
murrayc at murrayc dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Mar 15 18:02:00 GMT 2006
------- Comment #6 from murrayc at murrayc dot com 2006-03-15 18:02 -------
Admittedly the libstdc++ time_get::get_date() documentation does say that it
interprets it according to format "X", and now I understand what it meant. I
was looking at the dinkumware and roguewave documentation.
I have just looked at the C++ standard, and you are right:
"Each get member parses a format as produced by a corresponding format
specifier to time_put<>::put.
"
"
"In other words, user confirmation is required for reliable parsing of
user-entered dates and times, but machine-generated formats
can be parsed reliably. This allows parsers to be aggressive about interpreting
user variations on standard formats.
"
I guess those other Standard C++ Library implementation are expanding on the
standard, and it's not clear whether they should do that.
Thanks. My disappointment is now with the C++ Standard instead. If only it had
a bugzilla.
--
murrayc at murrayc dot com changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Severity|enhancement |normal
Status|NEW |SUSPENDED
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=26701
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list