[Bug libgcj/11502] fastjar error: "Error in JAR file format. zip-style comment?"

pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Aug 22 17:53:00 GMT 2003


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11502


pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|WAITING                     |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED


------- Additional Comments From pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org  2003-08-22 17:53 -------
WORDS_BIGENDIAN gets set by configure and put into config.h (at least in the mainline).

I think I know what is causing this: fastjar_AC_COMPILE_C_BIGENDIAN is not working correctly.
This is fixed on the mainline by using AC_C_BIGENDIAN_CROSS instead.
Which was this patch:
fastjar/

2002-11-22  H.J. Lu

        * acinclude.m4: Include ../config/accross.m4.
        (gcc_AC_COMPILE_CHECK_SIZEOF): Removed.
        (gcc_AC_EXAMINE_OBJECT): Removed.
        (gcc_AC_C_COMPILE_ENDIAN): Removed.
        * aclocal.m4; Rebuild.

2002-07-04  H.J. Lu

        * acinclude.m4: New.
        * configure.in: Replace AC_C_BIGENDIAN with AC_C_BIGENDIAN_CROSS.
        Replace AC_CHECK_SIZEOF with AC_COMPILE_CHECK_SIZEOF.
        * aclocal.m4; Rebuild.
        * configure: Likewise.

Since this is not a regression and it is fixed on the mainline and since libgcj was not really 
supported before 3.4 I am closing this as fixed.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list