Internal Compiler Error with g++: Problems while gmaking TAO on Linux

Yang Zhonghua, Dr zhyang@gintic.gov.sg
Thu Apr 13 20:04:00 GMT 2000


> To: tao-bugs@cs.wustl.edu
> Subject: Installing TAO: Internal Compiler Error
> 
>     TAO VERSION: 1.1
>     ACE VERSION: 5.1
> 
>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
> Linux  2.2.12-20 #1 Mon Sep 27 10:25:54 EDT 1999 i586
>     TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
>     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
> 
>     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
> TAO installation failed.
> 
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         COMPILATION?
>             If so, what do your $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h
> config.h -> config-linux-lxpthreads.h
> 
>             $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU contain?
>         LINKING?
> platform_macros.GNU -> platform_linux_lxpthread.GNU
> 
>             On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?
> This is the first time gmake
> 
>    SYNOPSIS:
> Error message says: Internal compiler error. (see below)
> 
>     DESCRIPTION:
> 
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao'
> test -d .shobj || mkdir .shobj
> g++ -W -Wall -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
> -D_REENTRANT
> -DACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS -O3 -g -fno-implicit-templates   -fno-exceptions
> -fcheck-new
>   -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers -DTAO_HAS_AMI=0 -DTAO_HAS_AMI_POLLER=0
> -DTAO_H
> AS_AMI_CALLBACK=0 -DTAO_HAS_RT_CORBA=1 -DTAO_HAS_CORBA_MESSAGING=1
> -I/home/zh
> yang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO  -c -fPIC -o .shobj/Object_Adapter.o
> Object_Adapter.cp
> p
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i: In method
> `::PortableServer::IdAss
> ignmentPolicy_var::operator ::PortableServer::IdAssignmentPolicy *&()':
> In file included from /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.h:2521,
>                  from
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Key_Adapters.h:22,
>                  from
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Object_Adapter.h:20,
>                  from Object_Adapter.cpp:3:
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i:1051: Internal compiler
> error.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i:1051: Please submit a full
> bug repo
> rt to `egcs-bugs@egcs.cygnus.com'.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i:1051: See
> <URL: http://egcs.cygnus.c
> om/faq.html#bugreport> for details.
> cpp: output pipe has been closed
> gmake[1]: *** [.shobj/Object_Adapter.o] Error 1
> 
> [no error part sniped] 
> 
> g++ -W -Wall -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
> -D_REENTRANT
> -DACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS -O3 -g -fno-implicit-templates   -fno-exceptions
> -fcheck-new
>   -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers -DTAO_HAS_AMI=0 -DTAO_HAS_AMI_POLLER=0
> -DTAO_H
> AS_AMI_CALLBACK=0 -DTAO_HAS_RT_CORBA=1 -DTAO_HAS_CORBA_MESSAGING=1
> -I/home/zh
> yang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs
> -I/home/zh
> yang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs/Event  -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_Naming
> -DTAO
> _ORBSVCS_HAS_Time  -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_Property  -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_Sched
> -DTAO_OR
> BSVCS_HAS_Event  -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_CosEvent  -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_Event2
> -DTAO_ORB
> SVCS_HAS_NativeCosEvent  -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_Trader
> -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_LifeCycle
> -DTAO_ORBSVCS_HAS_Log  -c -fPIC -o .shobj/TimeBaseS.o TimeBaseS.cpp
> In file included from
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/TimeBaseC.h:24,
>                  from
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/TimeBaseS.h:23,
>                  from TimeBaseS.h:13,
>                  from TimeBaseS.cpp:10:
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Any.h:400: Internal compiler error.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Any.h:400: Please submit a full bug
> report
>  to `egcs-bugs@egcs.cygnus.com'.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Any.h:400: See
> <URL: http://egcs.cygnus.com
> /faq.html#bugreport> for details.
> cpp: output pipe has been closed
> gmake[2]: *** [.shobj/TimeBaseS.o] Error 1
> 
> [no error part snipped] 
> 
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/TAO_IDL/tao_idl -Ge 1    Airplane.idl
> g++ -W -Wall -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
> -D_REENTRANT
> -DACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS -O3 -g -fno-implicit-templates   -fno-exceptions
> -fcheck-new
>  -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO  -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers
> -DTAO_HAS_
> AMI=0 -DTAO_HAS_AMI_POLLER=0 -DTAO_HAS_AMI_CALLBACK=0 -DTAO_HAS_RT_CORBA=1
> -DTAO
> _HAS_CORBA_MESSAGING=1    -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO  -c -o
> .obj/Airpla
> neC.o AirplaneC.cpp
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Request.i: In method `class
> CORBA_Request_
> var & CORBA_Request_var::operator =(const class CORBA_Request_var &)':
> In file included from /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Request.h:278,
>                  from /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/corba.h:43,
>                  from AirplaneC.h:13,
>                  from AirplaneC.cpp:10:
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Request.i:197: Internal compiler
> error.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Request.i:197: Please submit a full
> bug re
> port to `egcs-bugs@egcs.cygnus.com'.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Request.i:197: See
> <URL: http://egcs.cygnus
> .com/faq.html#bugreport> for details.
> cpp: output pipe has been closed
> gmake[3]: *** [.obj/AirplaneC.o] Error 1
> 
> test -d .shobj || mkdir .shobj
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/TAO_IDL/tao_idl
> -Wb,export_macro=GENERIC_SERVA
> NT_Export -Wb,export_include=generic_servant_export.h -Ge 1 Foo.idl
> g++ -W -Wall -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
> -D_REENTRANT
> -DACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS -O3 -g -fno-implicit-templates   -fno-exceptions
> -fcheck-new
>   -I/home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers -DTAO_HAS_AMI=0 -DTAO_HAS_AMI_POLLER=0
> -DTAO_H
> AS_AMI_CALLBACK=0 -DTAO_HAS_RT_CORBA=1 -DTAO_HAS_CORBA_MESSAGING=1
> -I/home/zh
> yang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO  -c -fPIC -o .shobj/FooC.o FooC.cpp
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Marshal.i: In method
> `TAO_Marshal_Union::T
> AO_Marshal_Union()':
> In file included from /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Marshal.h:645,
>                  from /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/corba.h:50,
>                  from FooC.h:13,
>                  from FooC.cpp:10:
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Marshal.i:74: Internal compiler
> error.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Marshal.i:74: Please submit a full
> bug rep
> ort to `egcs-bugs@egcs.cygnus.com'.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/Marshal.i:74: See
> <URL: http://egcs.cygnus .
> com/faq.html#bugreport> for details.
> cpp: output pipe has been closed
> gmake[3]: *** [.shobj/FooC.o] Error 1
> 
>  ..... and many errors in a same nature (internal compiler error).
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list