Bootstrap

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Apr 5 10:18:00 GMT 2000


>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Hubicka <jhub6202@ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

    Jan> On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 11:29:20AM -0800, Zack Weinberg
    Jan> wrote:
    >> On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 11:12:43AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
    >> > > Jan --

    Jan> Mark, please don't use this email address, since it comes to
    Jan> mbox I am not reading regularry and I've discovered your

OK.

    >>  I'm not at all convinced that the strlensi expander should
    >> exist.  rep scasb is dead slow on modern CPUs and the alternate
    >> is huge.  Under what conditions is it a performance win?

    Jan> It is probably still worthwhile as -Os optimization and in
    Jan> case the alignment is known to be 4, otherwise the expander
    Jan> fails anyway.  Once the code exist and is working, I think we
    Jan> can keep it.

The words you qutoe aren't mine -- I never got into the `rep scasb'
debate, I don't think. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell                   mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC               http://www.codesourcery.com


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list